How to improve Vehicle Routing and Dispatching? How to create better results, in a faster way? How did these companies do it?
What are the main reasons to invest in Vehicle Routing and Dispatch?
Higher margins and increased profitability reasons:
1. Reduction in actual logistics spend (mileage, time, assets) due to more efficient routes, loads and schedules
2. Ability to dynamically adjust routes, loads and schedules based on daily volumes (right sizing and better asset utilization)
3. Better sourcing decisions (based on actual price and availability)
4. Increased revenues due to better appointment making capabilities (through schedule visibility)
5. More reliable delivery schedules with visibility and flexibility to adjust as needed
6. Increased ability to manage and meet specific customer requirements and preferences
7. Increased visibility and larger span of control (focus on managing exceptions)
8. Enhanced capabilities for reporting and extensive opportunities to conduct “what-if analysis”
9. More realistic and fair projections of actual workload (better expectation management)
10. Increased ability to proactively manage the workday/week and any last minute changes
Sustainability and environment; lower CO2 emissions
Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS) systems make it possible to plan both
on a central and/or decentral level, while taking into account many relevant data
and restrictions. At the same time APS systems support in making fast calculations
on different options, while taking into account real-time data, realizing planning
options in a dynamic way.
What is the positioning of APS compared to ERP, TMS and Boardcomputers?
ORTEC solutions have a strong track record in integration with both ordering systems
(TMS, ERP) and Board computer systems. See below and also our list of partners.
Follow up? Visit:
- our Customers Quotes Page to learn what users tell about benefits gained,
- our Products pages to learn more about our products
- visit our Customer and Cases list for an overview of our customers.
Whitepaper: ORTEC’s vision on Advanced Planning and Optimization in Transportation. Click here for more information.